Leesa Barnes was our 61st guest on Conversations with Experts and joined us for a discussion around the compelling idea of using podcasts to fill your sales funnel and attract more clients.
According to Leesa’s research and that of Forrester Research, the fastest growing audience for podcasts is adults 25 to 44 followed by adults 45 to 60. Does your target client fall into those demographics?
3 ways businesses can benefit from podcasting:
1. lead generation tool
2. helps you rank well in the search engines
3. helps establish your expertise
One the best tips I took away from the Conversation was to create a podcast of short 10 minute clips from longer interviews and use the podcast to drive listeners back to your website to purchase the full program.
3 simple tools to create a podcast:
- A blog on which to post the podcast
- Something to record with — the simplest system is AudioAcrobat. You set up an account, call a phone number, record your show and the audio is automatically converted to an mp3 file for you to edit and post on your blog.
- Need to create a feed. Set up a free account with Feedburner. Listeners subscribe and get an update in their feedreader every time you post a new show.
Check out Leesa’s program Plan a Killer Podcast to learn more about how to plan and create a podcast that attracts clients. ($30 discount through November 20, 2006).
Audio program is 62 minutes. Conversations with Experts is hosted by The Blog Squad: Denise Wakeman and Patsi Krakoff.