As many of you know, the National Retail Federation holds its annual convention each December.
These issues are the ones that everyone is talking about, and needs to focus on, and which I’ve covered over the past few months including:
- Creating a concept the builds a relationship with the local market
- Creating the ideal in-store experience
- Enticing customers to shop during tough times
- Creating training programs that focus on customer service
- Hot trends in online retailing
THE REAL WORLD RETAILING TAKEAWAY
Take advantage of any opportunity to learn.
Sometimes it takes more than one read for it to sink in. If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you’ll see some familiar themes resurface and there’s a reason for that. Retailers need to focus on key things in order to remain afloat during tough times.
The ideas presented in the NRF wrap-up are simple thoughts and reminders about what to focus on.
Keep reading, keep thinking, keep acting. These are the keys to continually improving your store experience which ultimately will help build customer loyalty and sales.