Getting your life and career out of survival mode takes several steps
1. Make a list of where you are now with your life and career. Getting back on track takes a long hard look at your life both then and now.
2. Decide what needs to change. Career? Finances? Personal Life? All the above? And then make the decision to change.
3. Make a plan of action. You need to get from point A-B somehow and you´ll need a way to get there.
4. Decide how long it will realistically take to reach your goal. Don´t worry about failure. Real failure is the knowledge that something needs to change without the will to do so.
5. Depression is sometimes a good thing. I think it´s natures way of telling you that you´re not happy with something in your life. Allow yourself to feel depressed"?¦ for a bit. But don´t stay on the pity pot too long. I only allow myself 3 days to feel depressed before I take action.
6. Network. Talk with others who are accomplishing things in their life. As human beings we sometimes resent the happiness of others because they are doing things that we wish we were doing ourselves. Don´t resent these people. Embrace them. It´s important to align yourself with dynamic people who are taking on the world. You don´t have to own the whole world, but a small piece of it can be yours for the taking.
7. Educate yourself. I find that most people know what needs to change in their lives but just aren´t clear on how to go about doing it. For example if the issue is money problems, begin by talking with a financial advisor. If you can´t afford one there´s lot´s of information on line. I recommend checking out www.allbusiness.com for free business resources. Educating yourself can give you the power to move to the next step.
8. Take action. Nothing can stop you dead in your tracks than procrastination. Now that you´ve made a plan; you need to execute it. Start small and you´ll get there with less effort than you think.
9. Consistency is key. You need to continuously network, educate yourself, and talk to people to move forward with your life. Never stop.
10. Remember, if you take no action; nothing will change. However if you make the decision to change; your life will take a decisive turn"?¦perhaps for the better.