Jill Lublin knows publicity. She puts millions of dollars of free publicity into the hands of thousands of people “just like us”.Jill is a top speaker and author who travels North America offering a Crash Course in Publicity, and does many speaking engagements. I’ll be seeing her in a few days, so thought I would check out her website.
Immediately, my eyes scanned her blog and honed in on her Ten Tips for Successful Connecting. Why connecting?
Jill says: Networking magic happens with your connections, and your connections are what create a fulfilling life.
So why do people do so poorly at making connections? I think there is a real lack of skills, and then consistency in follow up with people who could be amazing contacts for you.
Here are Jill’s tips – you can sign up for her newsletter and get more ideas on publicity.
Jill Lublin’s ten tips for connecting:
- Connection begins within so start from your heart
- Build a personal support system to help you stay focused
- Remember that your connections benefit everyone
- Connect for the long term, but allow for changes – not all connections are
for a lifetime
- Start from where you are and take it step-by-step
- Aim high Do your research and be ready when you meet with the people on your
- Be vulnerable, personal, and your unique self
- Be open to possibility
- Give, give, give