How do you inspire?
Inspiring leaders can make an ordinary company extraordinary. And they’re a rare breed indeed, but you can become one. Just think about the inspiring leaders as they relate to your leadership style.
- They think outside the box (or redefine the box altogether).
- They let people do their jobs. (They don’t micromanage.)
- They let people fail in order to ultimately succeed.
- They trust employees to do the right thing.
- They work toward a goal of 110% in order to get to 100%.
- They don’t enforce the rules simply because rules are uninspired.
- They let employees take the credit for a job well done, but they take the blame when issues arise.
- They take risks.
- They provide guidance, support, and advice, but they don’t direct.
- They want solutions to problems, not the problems themselves.
THE REAL WORLD RETAILING TAKEAWAY
Inspired leaders build great companies.
I’ve had the good fortune of working for a couple inspired leaders in my career. And I’ve worked for a lot of idiots.
Inspired leaders make good companies great. And that’s the bottom line. It’s their leadership style that impacts everything. It sets the culture. It creates positive morale. It allows the company to hire the best people. It results in success.
How are you inspiring your team?