With the holiday shopping season in full bloom there is no time like the present to pick up those presents. And while economic woes may make for a lean holiday, there are countless accessories available for mobile phones… most under $20 and many available for far less.
What is really surprising is that a quick search on Google for “iPhone accessories” yields 14,700,000 results! That’s nearly 15 million results just for the iPhone. Even when narrowed down to shopping, it comes in at 137,933 results! It would be simple to call this an iCottage Industry – and actually I did in this blog-post headline, along with the term “iPhone Accessories.” So check back in a few days on Google, and there should be at least 14,700,001 results (counting this post).
All that said, a lot of the products range from silly to a downright total waste of money. However, here are a few iPhone products that did actually grab my attention, in part because these aren’t just useful for iPhones.
- Dots Glove – with both wool and knit gloves, these let you use an iPhone or other touch screen phone in the winter without exposing your hands to the cold.
- Motorola Bluetooth Active Headphones S9 – cut the cord with these Bluetooth headphones, which make listening to music on your portable phone (or Bluetooth compatible MP3 player) a snap.
- Silicon Screen Protector – available for the iPhone, as well as other handsets, these screen protectors help ensure that you don’t scratch the glass on your new mobile.
- Armband – Belkin makes a full line of armbands for the iPhone and other mobile phones. These make it easy to bring along your phone when you head out for a run, or hit the gym.
- Phone holster – OK, you either like wearing your phone on your waist or you don’t. If you or a colleague does, go with a quality holster. This will not only look more stylish, but it will help ensure you don’t end up losing the phone.