Sometimes you just can´t please a customer. Sometimes a customer doesn´t like your service. And sometimes a customer jumps ship and goes to your competitor. Do you ever wonder why?
1. Pricing-Make sure you´re competitive without being over priced. Don´t double or over charge them.
2. Apathy-Care about helping your customers
3. Not listening to your customers (do I need to go on?)
4. Did you probe to determine if another product service is better suited to your customers needs?
5. Rudeness-A big pet peeve of mine
6. Lack of sufficient knowledge of your account history to help- There is one company I once worked with that could never give me a straight answer whenever I called, knew almost nothing about my account and also didn´t care about solving the problem. They also got every order I gave them wrong or over charged me. They are still after my business.
7. Disconnecting the customer-I hate this one
8. Transferring the customer multiple times
9. Not returning calls in a timely fashion
10. Trying to sell the prospect something they don´t need
Keep these tips in mind when trying to manage your customer service efforts.
Tony Wilkins is the owner of Telemarketing Consulting Services and author of "Telemarketing Success for Small and Mid-sized Firms´ available in most bookstores and online at www.amazon.com and www.xlibris.com you may also find out about his workshops and services at
http://stores.ebay.com/telemarketing-success via e: mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 415-267-4872 .If you´d like to be notified of a new posting for this column, please contact Tony Wilkins at email@example.com