Nobody accomplishes anything alone. And why would we want to? We are social creatures who are interdependent on each other. An essential part of life is being with other people.
To get anywhere in our businesses or jobs, we need other people. Whether we call them customers, employees, co-workers, vendors or partners doesn’t matter. People are the most important part of any organization.
When we have good, productive relationships with people, we multiply our resources and our abilities. We are able to move mountains instead of molehills. Put enough people together, focused on the same objective and there is nothing beyond their capabilities (like growing our businesses).
Here are some tips on how to have great relationships with everyone:
* Be trusting and trustworthy.
* Treat everyone well.
* Listen and respond (don’t wait to talk).
* Laugh at yourself and WITH others but never AT others.
* Do special things for people often.
* Give compliments generously.
* Never push.
* Be interested in them.
* Respect people’s time.
* Be consistent.
* Remember, simple courtesies go a long way.
* Don’t gossip.
* Say "Thank You" a lot.
* Return calls quickly.
* Do what you say you will.
* Always be positive.
* Ask for help when you need it.
* Share yourself.
* Smile often.
So, if you want to attract and keep more customers, work on having great relationships. Do that and everything else is much easier.