The most interesting part of their business philosophies revolved around people. We all know you need the right people. But nearly all of them talked about the need to allow your team members to create their own success. Kevin in particular talked about the need to allow management to run their businesses as entrepreneurs.
I’ve written before about the need to let managers manage, about the need to allow team members to feel like can make an impact, and that they can make the business better. Here’s a few takeaways you can apply to your own business:
- Inspired leaders lead
- Inspired leaders let their teams to do the work
- Inspired leaders think about the big picture
- Inspired leaders steer, they don’t direct
- Inspired leaders pull the edges of the screen wider, to allow their teams to see more of the picture
- Inspired leaders are honest
- Inspired leaders share information, versus hoarding it
How are you an inspired leader? And how are you inspiring your teams?
For more great retail news, information and trends, follow me on Twitter.