It is great to see a new edition of Salesforce.com being announced today for “the rest of us” – micro-entrepreneurs and small business owners who need to keep track of data but don’t want a complex system to do so.
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. For years I have encouraged small businesses to invest in the totally web-based product (as the industry standard) but it didn’t often make sense for very small businesses. My feeling is that you can’t put a price on keeping track of and setting next actions for your valuable prospective customers, clients, and alliance partners. NOW it does make sense for anyone. More about it:
The new product is called, Contact Manager Edition and is a mere $9 per user per month. It is easier to use, and has many FAQs and help tools to get one up and running without a tech guy (something I lost when I left corporate America).
Contact Manager Edition enables any company to jump-start their business by tapping into the power of the cloud and provides users with a wealth of features including:
* Contacts and Accounts – With Contact Manager Edition, users can store and manage all contacts and accounts in the cloud. Now users can access this vital information regardless of location – all you need is an Internet connection.
* Outlook and Email Integration – Now, anyone using Contact Manager Edition can easily track email communications from Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo or any email system, keeping a complete record of customer interactions for better sales execution and improved customer satisfaction.
* Reporting – Run pre-configured and customized reports on your contacts, accounts and associated activities to gain powerful insights.
* Customization – Contact Manager Edition is a solution that can be tailored to fit a user’s unique needs. Users can customize Contact Manager Edition to track the data that is most important for their needs.
* Google Apps – Companies using Contact Manager Edition benefit from an out of the box integration with Google Apps, combining essential applications for productivity (email, calendaring, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, instant messaging, video) and CRM. This combination introduces an entirely new way for users to communicate, collaborate, and work together in real time over the Web.
I am excited to try it out – especially with the Google Apps integration. Salesforce.com is the leader in this niche, and for them to embrace the smallest but heartiest business owners out there – I say, fantastic!
Get your own 14-day free trial – no strings attached.
Salesforce.com has made it easy to get started, so take a look and let me know what you think.