Email marketing is an amazingly affordable and effective way to market your small business. When it is done the right way — that is. How do you know if you are doing it correctly? A new book has the answers.
My friend, Eric Groves, has just published an excellent book for any small business interested in creating an email campaign. It’s called “The Constant Contact Guide to Email Marketing.” The book contains best practices from Constant Contact which have been constantly tested and proven to be effective. Here’s what it says you’ll learn on the book’s Amazon page.
• Ten email pitfalls that will get your business into trouble
• Ten things your customers expect you to do
• The “soft” benefits of email marketing
• Using email in combination with other marketing efforts
• How four types of permissions can make or break your strategy
• Building an email list that is valuable and effective
• Creating valuable content
• Choosing an effective, professional email format
• Ensuring your emails are delivered, opened, and read