Here then are six steps you can take that will help you achieve those increased targets:
Step One: Understand your operation
– Do you know your operation well enough to improve it?
Step Two: Set the right objectives
– Do you have the right objectives to steer improvement?
Step Three: Check customer perception
– How can you identify non-value-added (wasteful) activity?
– How can you remove it?
Step Four: Increase capacity
– Are you meeting demand?
– What action(s) can you take?
– How efficient are your resources?
Step Five: Continuously improve
– Do you have a systematic approach to constant improvement?
Step Six: Check customer perception
– How effective have your efforts been?
– How can you tell?
Jonathan Farrington is a globally recognized business coach, mentor, author, consultant, and sales strategist, who has guided hundreds of companies and thousands of individuals around the world towards optimum performance levels
He also posts his highly popular daily blog for dedicated business professionals HERE