I got a comment on this post today – the commenter said the post tickled her funny bone. The post is from September of 2004. It’s a bit of humor, so I thought it would be nice to reprint it here to send you into the weekend with a smile.
This question was submitted to me by email (really!).
QUESTION: The employees in different parts of my company are
like cats and dogs. How can I get them to bridge the gap between
species and work together towards common goals?
ANSWER: This is a fun one, thanks. Here is my David Letterman style Top 10 list of how to get corporate dogs and cats to work together!
10. You can´t. The dogs will eventually eat the cats.
9. You can´t. The cats will outwit and evict the dogs.
8. What you don´t realize is that they do have a common goal called, "get the human." It´s just a matter of time.
7. Bring in the pet psychic to try hypnosis. Repeat after me, "Cats are wonderful and are my friends."
6. Take a stick to them when they don´t behave. (Oh wait, that sounds familiar)
5. Creatures need their own space to live together in harmony – departmentalize! (That´s familiar, too.)
4. Hire a consultant to provide species sensitivity training.
3. The workplace is a zoo, let the animals be animals – it´s natures way.
2. Give them a common enemy – try a guinea pig.
And the number 1 way to get corporate dogs and cats to work together is: