The maze of credit card services can be quite confusing and the lingo is often very tough to understand — payment processor, discount rate, merchant account, etc. If your mind is a bit boggled about it, set aside some time to attend this free webinar on Thursday, July 9 from 2pm – 3pm eastern.
Here’s the scoop: In today’s electronic driven world, customers and donors want to, and expect to, make payments and donations quickly and easily by credit/debit cards to your organization. You MUST be ready to accept their plastic card at any time, in any medium, by any method: face-to-face, email, fax, snail mail or online. How do you know if you are set up optimally for plastic cards? Are there special rates that you are not taking advantage of? How long should it take for the proceeds to arrive in your bank account? Should you let a third party operate your merchant account or should you have your own?
- Card pricing criteria: debit/credit cards, card brand- and industry-specific pricing
- Processor and merchant responsibilities
- What happens in a transaction: soup-to-nuts
- Avoiding fraud and chargebacks
- E-commerce and online donation sites