Each and every day we are faced with decisions about our business. Could a decision end up landing us in a mess of fraud?
Here are some tips to avoid fraud in your business from Minding Your Own Business Network member Bob Coaster:
- Don’t hand your credit card, credit card number or tax id number over to companies you are unfamiliar with.
- Don’t sign your business credit cards.
- Don’t supply your personal information or company info over the Internet unless you know you are on a secure site.
- Don’t leave mail at your home or business for the postal carrier to collect use a secure mailbox or drop off the mail at the post office.
- Shred unwanted mail or old files.
- Advise your employees not to forward suspicious phone calls since someone could be trying to make long distance calls through your telephone system but make it sound like they are part of your company.
- Don’t give any personal info on your customers to anyone without verifying the identity of the person with whom you are speaking.
And don’t forget about the Free Identity Theft Seminar to be held tomorrow (4/26/05).
Got any tips to add for avoiding fraud in your business? Share them with us by leaving a comment below.