Selling is easy, really, once you’ve connected with your prospect and built a relationship with them. When you’ve taken the time to be ‘all-about-them’, then they will take time to try what you’ve got, and give you money for your expertise.
So it always surprises me when business people pitch prospects before they’ve prepared the way.
You need to give your prospects valuable, relevant information first that will make their lives better and save them time, energy and money.
Here are five easy ways to do the “relationship-building-thing”. Use your blog or ezine to create content to address issues and challenges relevant to your prospects. Try them and see if you get results in the form of people asking for more… and let us know if they work for you.
- Your Big Vision – How do you see people doing ‘xyz’ in the future? Use your products or services as examples, but write your message with a clear focus on the reader and a better future for them.
- Your biggest time-saving tip – Everyone’s in a hurry. Teach readers anything you might know about saving time in your niche and they will love you for it.
- Your biggest mistake and the lesson you learned from it – Sharing a goof-up let’s readers know you’re human. Readers love honesty and knowing how to avoid mistakes.
- An industry secret that if they understood it, would save them time, energy or money- You want readers to know that you aren’t going to hold back on the juicy stuff.
- A tutorial or guide – Take your readers step-by-step through something that seems complicated. Chances are, a certain percentage of them can’t be bothered with do-it-yourself, and will prefer to hire you to do it for them.