Franchising offers women a chance to be entrepreneurs and own their own businesses. As franchising continues to grow on an annual basis, the franchising opportunities for women expand into a variety of business areas.
When looking at franchise opportunities, you should always perform due diligence. This means you need to examine all of the information about the franchise to be sure it’s right for you. Always ask questions if something about the franchise opportunity seems unclear to you. Use common sense. When a franchise business seems too good to be true, look beyond the surface at the available financial information. Talk to other franchisees and ask them any questions you have about the franchise opportunity.
Before you invest in a franchise, you should have a clear idea as to what you want out of the venture. Make sure the franchise meets your needs and is a good fit for you personally. If you have an interest in public relations, select a franchise geared toward this area of business. If you hate to cook, it might be smart to steer away from restaurant franchises.
To begin your search for the perfect franchise, the following five Web sites list a number of excellent franchising opportunities for women:
1. Franchise Solutions for Women has an assortment of topics including “Top Franchises for Women,” which contains franchise opportunities, such as American Business Systems, Décor and You, AIS Media, and Kiddie Academe. This is all part of an extensive franchise directory where you can search for franchises by industry and price ranges.
The site also offers expert advice on franchise ownership that includes a free franchise consultation for women looking to pursue a career in franchising. An industry professional evaluates which franchises best meet your needs and criteria. Although many franchise opportunities exist for women, you must be careful to find a franchise opportunity that works best for you.
2. Franchises for Women is a Web site that dedicates itself to helping women find an ideal franchise opportunity. It promotes the involvement of women in franchising by offering a variety of services that include a franchise directory. You can search the directory for franchise opportunities in several ways, including by company name, industry, and price range. The site also has a section that lists “Hot Concepts,” representing some of the freshest concepts in franchising. The section “Home-Based Franchises” has a list of businesses that can be operated from your home office, giving you the ability to both work from home and be an entrepreneur.
3. Franchise Opportunities in Women’s Fitness has franchise opportunities that include Curves for Women, Contours Express, and Ladies Workout Express. The site promotes ladies fitness franchises that are capitalizing on the weight loss/fitness trend along with the movement toward ladies-only workout centers. This type of franchise offers you a great opportunity if you want to be your own boss and open a health club in your area.
4. Franchise Opportunities for Women from Parenthood.com asserts that franchising represents a way for women to invest in current growth industries. Franchising lets women start a business with name recognition rather than starting from scratch. The site has a franchise directory that lets you search by industry, cash requirements, and area. Featured franchise opportunities include Time Plus Payroll Services, Creative Colors International, and Health Career Agents. It provides a variety of resources to help you choose the franchise opportunity that best meets your needs and requirements.
5. Franchise.com has a search engine that lists current franchise opportunities that appeal to women. Each entry gives a description of the enterprise along with how much is needed for investment, the type of industry, and what type of financing is available for each franchise opportunity. The listing is updated on a regular basis, giving you continual input on opportunities as they come on the market.