The Facebook for Business class was great! Our guest Mari Smith shared excellent tips and
answered questions for nearly 90 minutes. Here are a few tips from Mari about
how to get started with Facebook and start leveraging it for your
- Obviously, first join Facebook and set up your personal profile (profile must be in your personal name – NOT your business).
- Invite your colleagues, friends and clients to be your Friend.
- Set up a Page for your business.
- Join Groups that reflect your business interests and where your target audience may be hanging out.
- Set up Events for your classes, teleseminars, etc.
- BUILD RELATIONSHIPS. Give first, then promote.
- Update your Status (strategically) at least twice a day. This pushes info out in the feeds of all your friends. Shows that you’re active.
- Comment strategically on your friends posted items, photos and videos.
- Be a thought leader and add value to your friends. Post links to relevant news stories, blog posts, events. Use Posted Items to share information.
- Write on the walls of new friends.
- Add me as your friend!
You can still get the audio program for the class “How to Use Facebook to Strategically Build Your Business”
for only $20 since I haven’t had time to set up a new product page for
the class. The retail price for the program will be going up to $37
when the product is complete.
And, Mari Smith announced a brand new program she’s launching on March 31: Facebook Guidebook for Professionals. She’s offering a pre-publication price of $27 and it will be going up to $97 when it officially launches.
Facebook is really hot and frankly, I’m lovin’ it for connecting
with colleagues and clients and new prospects. The fact we had over 300
people on the teleseminar call tells me a lot people are
getting into this new social networking phenomenon.