We know that most of our electricity comes from sources that create emissions such as coal and gas. How can we cut our electricity usage, cut our emissions and, as a bonus, also cut our power bills?
– Install energy efficient and lower watt light globes
– Switch off lights – make a note and put it under your light switches
– Invest in solar powered calculators rather than battery operated
– Position desks and workstations to make best use of natural light
– Only boil the required amount of water in a kettle
– Service heating systems regularly
– Improve insulations & Draught proofing
– Only heat work areas that are being used
– Use low energy lighting and appliances
– Switch off machines when not in use
– Reduce lighting levels in areas such as corridors where bright lighting is not required
– Consider other energy saving measures such as timers and sensors
Best of all – install a solar system. In some countries you can even sell excess power back to the electricity grid, now that makes business sense!