It is easy to grab anything that looks remotely like food as you pass through airports and cities. This may not always be best for our bodies and lifestyles as a diet of fast food for the duration of your travels can let you feel bloated, irritable and downright depressed, not to mention unfit and lacking in energy just when you need it the most.
Tips to eat healthy on the road:
– drink lots of water
– avoid sugary fizzy drinks
– go for white meat instead of minced reds like burgers
– ask for grilled food instead of fried
– make sure you have vegetables with meals
– use cutlery instead of hands as you have to slow down your eating to use a utensil
– avoid fatty sauces
– limit desserts
This doesn’t mean you don’t have fun eating. One of the great benefits of travel is trying the regional dishes and often all we need is a taste of something instead of a huge bowl.