Okay let me dispel a myth. Everyone yes every one of us goes through a cold calling dry spell. Dry spells are essentially a long series of repetitive of cold calls which don’t end in an appointment or sale. This dry streak can last anywhere from one to several weeks and can happen for several reasons.
1. A bad cold calling list.
2. A cold caller who’s losing steam with the campaign.
3. A cold caller who’s in voice mail hell.
4. A string of prospects who aren’t interested in purchasing anything -anytime soon (it happens)
5. Prospects who only make purchases during specific times of the year (i.e. after Jan 1)
6. You’re cold calling during a holiday period.
7. Sometimes you just can’t get a yes no matter how hard you try.
8. A cold caller who tenses up or has call reluctance because they feel their job is n the line- thus causing the cold caller to over compensate and sometimes blow a sales call.
9. A sudden change in marketing strategy (you’ve decided to sell bolts too instead of just nuts and bolts)