Here’s your chance to make a difference. Don’t just complain, get involved. Here’s the scoop. The Internal Revenue Service is inviting civic-minded individuals to help improve the nation?s tax agency by applying to be members of the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel. The panel provides a forum for citizens from each state to make suggestions regarding IRS decision making. Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP) members:
- Provide opportunities for citizen input and make recommendations to the IRS and Treasury on customer-service issues.
- Identify and prioritize taxpayer issues.
- Report annually to Treasury, the IRS and the National Taxpayer Advocate.
- Participate in meetings where taxpayers are invited to raise issues about their experiences with the IRS.
- Refer taxpayers who contact the panels to the IRS offices best able to address their issues.