Experts say it takes 21 days — three weeks — to create a new habit. Well here we are, three weeks into the new year. Can you still find those goals you established on January 1 or are they already collecting dust on some bookshelf or hidden computer file?
For those of you who picked up a copy of my goal setting guide, the results are all over the place. I recently asked each of you to let me know where you are in the guide. Here are a few comments.
– Yes, I am guilty of putting the workbook aside to attend to other business matters and have not progressed through it as far as I should have by now.
– I have not only completed but am putting my detailed plan and its goals and targets into action.
– It’s still in my inbox (!!!)
– I have moved forward on goals.
– Sorry – I’m very busy right now
Which one of the above sounds like you? The truth is that most of us will be gung ho on goals for a few days and then something else distracts us and they get set aside. But if you don’t set goals, any path will lead you — somewhere.
The question is, “Is that path the best one for your business?” If your answer is no, get cracking on accomplishing those goals. To make progress, devote at least one hour a day. To expect different results at the end of the year, you can’t keep doing the same old stuff.
What do you think? Leave me a comment.