Its hard not to be constantly faced with the rising cost of fuel and global warming. It is everywhere and it has implications, especially for business travelers. However there are lots of ways to decrease the cost of fuel when we travel. Cars for instance.
Ways to cut your driving costs are easy and makes sense.
1. Maintain your vehicle more regularly.
2. Check tires more often for proper inflation.
3. Idle engines less
4. Take public transport.
5. Refuel rental cars at gas stations rather than rental agencies. The agencies charge a premium for refills.
6. Ditch those large rental cars in favor of midsize or economy cars to save both money and fuel. In fact ditch the large car you own. I mean it. Do you really need all that bulk?
7. Use shuttle services to get to airports.
Many companies are changing their fleets to save on gas. Insurance giant State Farm is purchasing more-fuel-efficient cars, including 70 Priuses,