If you’re not yet on FaceBook, it’s high time you got there. Why would you not have a presence there when it’s a free way to highlight yourself and your expertise? Kind of a no brainer, huh? And one thing that’s really cool about it is that once you have a presence, you can create a FaceBook fan page (or many fan pages) absolutely free. And for now, these pages are showing up in Google search providing you with good opportunities to get found on the web.
You can have your FaceBook Fan Page set up in 15 minutes or less. Here’s a short tutorial. Note: This assumes you have your personal page set up already.
1. Go to your facebook page and scroll to the bottom where you’ll see a text menu. You want to click on Advertising.
2. That link will take you to a page which will give you the option to create your own page. You’ll want to select Pages.
3. You’re almost there. Find the oval that is marked +Create Page and click on it.
4. Fill out your choices for your fan page, press create page and voila! you’re good to go.
5. Now you’ll want to spend some time customizing your page and seeking out fans. Invite the folks you are already connected to, send invitations to your mailing list and make sure you spend time promoting and interacting on your page. I created a FaceBook Fan Page for my book. Here’s an example of what you might be able to do with your fan page.
One of the coolest features of your fan page is that when postings are made on the page, they show up on your “fans” stream providing you the opportunity to get in front of your audience regularly. Below is an example of a posting on my fan page that showed up in my personal page stream which I then “shared” with my friends (who can share with their friends). See the good things that can happen here?
So there you have it. It really is simple once you know where to start. Once you have your page created, there are two more things you need to do.
- Pick up a copy of Mari Smith’s free FaceBook Business Tips report. This free report will help you get started quickly in building your FaceBook fan page so you can turn it into a profit making engine.
- Get the FaceBook for Business Super Guide. It has a ton of FaceBook resources to help you out. Plan on spending a good bit of time there learning all the ins and outs of using FaceBook for your business.
I’d love to stay in touch with you on FaceBook. You can find me at http://www.facebook.com/deniseoberry and always feel free to follow me on twitter @deniseoberry