One of the things I love about National Small Business week (this week), is that there are several online webinars and streaming events to help small business owners like you. Here’s one you’ll want to take a look at.
Capitol One hosted Connections, a one hour video webinar moderated by Mary Kane, Director of Special Projects for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The webinar featured Todd Kennedy, Managing Vice President of Capital One Small Business; Adam Schultz, CEO of Bold Interactive and web marketing consultant for the BBB; and Richard Oyen, Director of HR and Talent Development for SumTotal Systems. Here are some of the tips they shared.
Making Yourself an Attractive Loan Candidate
- Ensure your personal and business credit history reports are in strong shape by paying bills on time every time, proactively managing your use of credit, and checking your credit report on an annual basis.
- Develop a solid business plan that clearly outlines how you’ll repay the loan and the collateral you’ll use to personally guarantee repayment of the loan
Promoting Positive Employee Engagement
- Align goals by making sure employees know the goals and objectives of the organization and ensuring everyone is working on the right things.
- Make employees more valuable to the organization by enabling them to expand their skill set, which adds to their personal talent inventory and can prove beneficial in their career plan.
Ensuring Online Marketing Success
- Build a great website to support customers that anticipates what visitors want, leverages your user’s language, makes information easy to find and develops good calls to action.
- Measure everything on the website by using traffic analysis tools like Google Analytics and take advantage of click data for better lead generation and conversation.
To watch the archive of the webinar, just head on over to the site. You’ll need to register with your name and email. address.
Do you have a small business question or issue? Send me a direct message by using the contact link above. You can also follow me on twitter – @deniseoberry