1. Corporate credit cards. Not only can corporate credit cards help you keep better track of your employees’ business expenses by giving you one consolidated bill, they can also earn discounts with travel points programs.
2. Airport clubs. Some clubs even offer free local phone calls — a big savings on roaming cell phone charges. For $300 to $500 dollars a year in membership fees, you’ll gain thousands of dollars of productive work time.
3. Shuttle buses. Taxis are not the most cost-effective way for a solo traveler to get from the airport to a hotel or business meeting in most metropolitan areas. Try shuttles and other bus services with a flat fee of $12 or $15.
4. Online travel agents. Using a company travel agent or a company that you outsource your travel plans to can become costly — many tack on extra “corporate fees” for group and employee travel.
5. Cellular service. Don’t settle for default rates. Check regularly for new plans from your provider, since most now include long distance charges in the monthly price.