Searching for workers to fill your open positions can feel overwhelming. But this checklist will help you stay on track and make sure the right candidates learn about your vacancy.
- Write a detailed job description. If you can’t create a list of specific duties for your new employee, then maybe it’s not time to hire someone.
- Post the job internally. This only applies if you have other employees who may be interested in the job.
- Determine if you need an outside recruiting agency. If you don’t have time to go through the interviewing process — and you can afford the fees — you may want to retain a recruiter.
- Place help wanted ads. Place ads in the newspaper and online, or even participate in a job fair.
- Accept resumes. Having applicants submit their resumes via email can dramatically speed up the process.