Thanks to Lee Odden for posting the stats about how journalists are using blogs and new media over at his Online Marketing Blog. I will not duplicate his post and strongly urge you to read it. I will repost some of the stats here:
- Over three quarters of reporters see blogs as helpful in giving them story ideas, story angles and insight into the tone of an issue
- Nearly 70 percent of all reporters check a blog list on a regular basis
- One in four reporters (27.7%) have their own blogs
- About one in five (16.3%) have their own social networking page
- Almost half of reporters (47.5%) say they are “lurkers”
- Over half said that blogs were having a significant impact on the “tone” (61.8%) and “editorial direction” (51.1%) of news reporting
This is one of the primary reasons we’ve invited Joan Stewart, The Publicity Hound, to speak to our Blogging and Beyond Mentor group on January 16, about how to create a media plan in 2008. It’s important for the media to be able to find you online!
Review the posts we’ve written in our Publicity category.
How to Pitch the Best Bloggers and Create a Publicity Explosion