There are a huge number of different travel insurance choices, so here are a few tips:
1. Consider the worst that could occur on your trip. If it is nothing, you may not even need insurance. Alternatively, it may be everything, so you may require the most comprehensive policy.
2. Having to struggle through a business trip with a toothache is a dreadful thought or having to be evacuated because of a medical emergency is as expensive as it sounds. Make sure the policy you choose provides adequate medical and dental coverage, including medical evacuation.
3. Some of the things you may require during a trip can be covered by your existing insurance policies, such as theft and loss.
4. If you travel frequently, it may be cheaper for you to take our multi-trip travel insurance policies.
5. Read the fine print and understand what is covered and what is not.
Apologies for the delay in launching the Star Alliance competition, it is being tweaked as we speak and will be launched as soon as possible. I promise to let you know!