12. Always join networking events to get great tips from other professionals. You never know who you might meet there (see info on my group-Something to Share Business Resource Group) Great for target marketing. Promotion is about getting your name in front of as many targeted individuals as possible. So networking with other like minded professionals is a great way to do that.
13. Contact one of your favorite local restaurants about holding an event in their facilities. I love a party and it’s one of the best ways to get people in a relaxed sociable mood. Professionals love a smart coctail,good food and stimulating conversation. If you can bring targeted individuals under one roof to launch a new product, service or business then it’s a win-win for everyone. Think about any local restaurants that you’ve wanted to try but haven’t as of yet. These are perfect opportunities to sample their food (most restaurants are happy to put together a sample tray for you to see if you like the food before you book the facilities) without making the commitment of a full meal.(I’ve eaten in restaurants that were way over my budget just by sampling appetizers at events I’ve attended) Be sure to have business cards and literature on hand to distribute and let them know you are a frequent customer. They will often cut you a deal.
14. Don´t forget to send out direct mail postcards and e-mails to select individuals and businesses. Check out www.vistaprint.com for postcards, business cards, etc., which are very inexpensive but look great. I recently purchased 1000 standard glossy 3 color postcards for $57.00 including shipping and handling. And they always offer specials like 250 business cards for free(although you do pay for shipping and handling) It’s where I get all of my cards!!
15. Also check out www.acteva.com to send out professional e-mail marketing pieces. Acteva does charge a nominal fee for their services(about.50 per transaction) The invites that go out are always professional looking. It’s also great for accepting credit card payments.
16. Check out Evites.com for sending out invitations for events/Workshops via e-mail. Evites are mostly used for personal e-mail invites but are also great for professional use. And they’re free. Also great if you’re doing an e-mail campaign.
Next Column-Part Four