17. Making the warm/cold call is still one of the best ways of promoting your work. Don’t forget to use the phone. Begin with warm calls or contacts you’ve established rapport with and then move on to the cold calls.
18. Offer some services such as consulting, at a discount or reduced rate. Attract attention by sending press releases, e-mail and direct mail campaign. Or simply conduct a contest with the winner receiving your services at a predetermined rate or better yet "?¦Free!! It’s a great way of getting much needed exposure.
19. If you are a member of an organization, church or social group, consider conducting a workshop for those members. You can offer it at a reduced rate or free, but the point is that you will get a great deal of exposure and probably walk away with one or two new accounts.
20. A newsletter is an effective way of marketing your services to a targeted audience. By sharing your expertise with a targeted audience you not only promote your knowledge but your business and services as well. Think about creating a newsletter and promoting it via e-mail and direct mail. You can also publish online. Its also a great way to offer discounts, promote new services etc.
21. WWW.Allbusiness.com is a great way to not only earn money as an expert in your field but also promote your service, or company while sharing your knowledge and experience. Earning money while promoting your firm is always a good idea.
Next column -Part Five