Smart and Savvy Tip: Top 10 Tips for Building Your Ezine List (Part 2)
(reprinted from Savvy eBiz Tips, Vol. I, Issue 12 June 27, 2006)
We´re always amazed at how successful, busy online professionals usually have time to respond to our questions. I´ve been asking some of the top marketers to contribute their "insider secrets" for growing an ezine list. And I´ve received some wonderful answers. Even though I was only expecting to get a quick tip, some of the biggest online gurus wrote me comprehensive list building essays! Martin Wales of 1ShoppingCart, provided us with Ttip 5, which I hadn´t thought of before. I immediately changed my voice mail!
Here are 5 more ways to build your list, and to continue growing it.
1. Collect email addresses everywhere you go and ask them for their permission to email. Ask people if you can send them your special report. Then email the report to them, and ask them if they would like to sign up to get the benefits of your ezine. Make it easy for them to opt-in. Explain your opt-in process to them. ("When you get the email request, don´t forget to click on the link to confirm, so that you don´t miss any issues.")
2. Podcasting and teleclasses: when people sign up for your interviews or classes, be sure to let them know how they can get updates by signing up for your ezine. Be sure to spell it out on the audio file exactly what they need to do to sign up.
3. Run a contest and/or a survey: offer an iPod, or other gift of perceived value. People love to share their ideas and opinions.
4. Partner up with others who are in similar fields, but not competitors, to offer co-registration right on your thank you pages.
5. Clearly state your web site on your voice mail messages, both inbound to people calling you and outbound when you leave others a voice mail message. (Thanks to Martin Wales, www.customercatcher.com )
Update your email signature to include your ezine subscribe information. Change your voice mail message to nclude your web address, and be sure to announce it when you introduce yourself at networking events. (Of course, you already have your web or blog site URL and email address on your biz card, don´t you! You may also have room to put your ezine subscription URL.)
Don´t have a list yet? Or have one, but it´s not growing? You can´t grow a list until you have something people want and will trade their email address to receive. We will discuss all this in our List Building class on Wednesday, June 28, at 8:30 p.m. ET and learn 25 ways to double your list before the end of the year. Register here: