Here’s another Web 2.0 project management and invoicing application on the block, Cashboard.
This is excellent for web designers, architects and other professionals
who do estimates and bill hourly. There is a free version and an upgraded version with a monthly fee.
According to the site, Cashboard does the following:
- Create estimates and track your performance.
- Log time for yourself, your employees and subcontractors.
- Never forget to send an invoice or collect payment again.
- Send professional invoices to your clients, along with automatic reminder and thank you emails.
I actually would recommend using this since it integrates with Basecamp.
In fact the only problem I have with Cashboard is the name since “cash”
connotes that has more to do with cash management, but really the
application is more about invoicing and time tracking. Now if a Wesabe-like thing was added on to this, then I would prefer this over
the Quickbooks online. Then the only thing lacking would some kind of
report writer which could generate profit-loss statements, balance
sheets and other reports that Quickbooks can do. So I am hoping that
one of these days there will be the perfect Web 2.0 application that
can do three essential things:
- Do time-tracking and invoicing effortlessly online.
- Do cash management (upload of banking and credit card transactions
dashboard reporting by creating profit/loss and balance sheet
statements, average monthly income and average monthly expenses.