Today is BlogTipping Day and kudos to Easton Ellsworth of BusinessBlogWire for this ongoing monthly tradition. The first rule of BlogTipping is everyone has to tip! Actually the rules are easier than that, you just pick three of your favorite blogs and write three things you like about them and give them one tip. So here goes:
John Moore’s brilliant blog on all that is marketing and things I like:
1. John is a brilliant marketing guru.
2. His blog is funny and insightful at the same time.
3. He lives in Austin and is one of the most humble marketing guys I’ve met.
Tip: I want John to sell a coffee mug on his blog! Ironic yes, snarky…yes.
Mack Collier’s blog ‘The Viral Garden’ – blog keeps us up to date on blogs popularity by weekly tally and offers tons of other great insights into everything blogging.
1. Mack’s blog design is really striking.
2. He keeps his blog timely and up to date.
3. He delivers exceptional insight into what blogging is really about which is the BLOG READERS.
Tip: There just isn’t a tip to give Mack, he has them all. I’m hoping someday my blog will be at what I call “The Bloggers Ball” and it will take a dance on Mack’s list.
Toby Bloomberg of Bloomberg Marketing.
Her Diva Marketing blog is fantastic.
1. She keeps everyone blogging and inspired.
2. She’s a great editor and writer and her http://www.bloggerstories.com, of which I have proudly contributed to, will someday be a vital piece of blogging history.
3. She’s always responsive to queries.
Tip: I would love for Toby to write more about herself on this blog and what she does day to day with her marketing company. I know I would love having more nuggets of marketing gold from this Diva!
Go and read these blogs. And look for weekly posts on all things PR and blogs. I know that there is a ton of folks out there who are just tipping their little toes into this thing called “blogs” and these posts will serve as a way to help you learn who the bloggers are and how best to reach out to them.
Tuesday look for my post on Top Ten Ways to Reach Out to Bloggers – and hope they might write up something about your company. There’s too many folks who really don’t understand how to best do this and my tips will serve as a way to help out a bit!
Here’s tip #1 – It’s never appropriate to demand that a blogger cover your company and the personal touch goes alot longer than the full court press PR agency tackle!