Here’s a review of important business blog design tips we shared on a call with The Master Business Building Club last week.
(As a side note, The Master Business Building Club has some pretty
amazing resources for anyone who wants to use the Internet to make
money. One of our participants on the call had been up until 2 a.m.
using the members’-only site to learn for her business! You can do this
for a free 30-day trial membership yourself.)
Getting back to our blog design tips…
Here’s a list of design elements we recommend you use for branding your blog:
- Banner, title – be clear about what your blog is about
- Tagline – further describes 1) who the blog is for, 2) what
are benefits of reading the blog and 3) who is the blog author (name
- Topic definition & key articles – can expand on about page or a separate page
- Colors – coordinate with website & logo
- Look and feel: simple, complex, artistic, business like?
- Photos, graphic images of products, illustrate posts, connect personally
- Get your own domain name and use domain mapping for branding your blog (see Build a Better Blog for free tutorial)
How do you build trust with your readers?
- Photo – a professional photo is preferable to a snapshot
outdoors with shadows and plants, or, if you’re in a business like a
sport-related one, you can use an appropriate setting
- Bio or About Page – Use the first person personal pronoun “I” and
write in a conversational way, avoid using a formal 3rd person
impersonal business bio
- Testimonials – put a link to a separate page with testimonials in a side-bar or Typelist