One important piece to effective blog marketing involves tracking both site visitor statistics as well as authority within the blogosphere. Intelliseek has added new features to their BlogPulse tools that allow you to do just that. I spent some time playing with the BlogPulse Profiles (Beta) tool. Here’s the lowdown:
* Overview – Rank according to citations, post frequency and a rank trend graph
* Posts – A list of keywords used in recent posts (I did not find very accurate) and links to posts
* Citations – Broken out between citations from top-ranked blogs and all other blogs
* Trends – Post and citation trends let you see if there is a correlation
* Sources – Lists recent news articles and blogs cited along with trend and track conversation tools for each link
* Neighborhood – Shows a list of “related” blogs with links to their profiles
Overall, it’s a pretty cool tool. Since an increasing number of companies are taking the time to track conversations and mentions of their brands and products within the blogoshere, these new tools are timely.
Additional benefits include the ability for advertisers to do their homework on blogs for media buys and online retailers can research new affiliates. Combined with site visitor analysis, blog tracking can provide excellent feedback on the reach and influence of a blog.