I wrote a few days ago about how I lost my cell phone and decided to take the plunge into Blackberry Land. Well, everything is still new, but so far, I am tickled by a few things:
1. I love the way the 8700C looks and feels. I love being able to customize the screen’s look with pictures and formats. I have a glowing desert scene and cool colors.
2. I love the way mobile Gmail works on the Bberry. It looks good, loads fast, and when I delete a message, it is deleted. When I respond to a gmail message, a message goes into my sent file in the main gmail program too. So the work I do with messages on my Bberry does not have to be repeated.
3. I love being able to sync with the Mac. Blackberry has teamed up with Pocket Mac and so the program is free for all Blackberry users. It works great for contacts and my calendar. You can sync mail too, but I am not using this function (I am going with mobile gmail for email).
4. You know, I’m a girl. And I like something OTHER than black leather office accessories. So I was pleased to find several more interesting cases for my Bberry. I’ve got one coming from eBay this week.
5. The Blackberry browser looks good. I have my home page set for Google with weather and news headlines.
6. I like some of the smart shortcuts Blackberry built into the device. These make typing and sending emails easier and faster. Also, when browsing, it knows you when you are typing a URL and makes that easier too. And there are other smart things – like being able to dial the phone from the main screen (you don’t have to select phone first) and I have several frequent numbers programmed – like "H" for home. All I do is hit and hold H and it calls home. I know, simple things…..
7. I love how the address book integrates with the Bberry’s functions. If I am typing an email, I just put in the first letter of the recipient and all of my contacts with that letter pop up as options. Keep typing the name if you need to narrow the list, but otherwise just go click and you’re done. I also love that you can go to the address book, select a person and then from there, call him or her, email him or her or text him or her.
8. I like that it compares all of my contacts when a call comes in. And I love that I don’t have to worry about loosing all my data because it is synced with my Mac.
9. I like having a couple keys I can program for applications I use a lot. I have one key set to go right to gmail and one for the internet home page.
10. It’s fun having new toys…. And this one shows lots of promise.