A common problem with many web sites that need improved rankings is a lack of fresh content. If you don’t have a dedicated writer in-house, where can you get good content?
There are a variety of ways to take advantage of content that your organization is already creating as well as using sources of syndicated content. Here are a few suggestions:
- Archive your newsletters
- Add syndicated news
- Add press release content syndicated from other sources
- Use articles open for re-use from article directories
- Use Yahoo Creative Commons search to find available content
- Archive and syndicate your own press releases and media coverage
- Publish a glossary
- Publish client testimonials
- Publish product/service demos
- Publish a Q & A and/or FAQ
Organize your content according to relevant keyword themes. Include important keywords in the text links between content files, in title tags and on-page headings.
These are just a few suggestions that have worked well for many organic search engine optimization projects that we’ve worked on. For better search engine rankings, it’s important to make a commitment to stepping beyond keyword optimization and focus long term on a content optimization strategy.