Merlin has mentioned this previously, but it bears repeating so I’ll take a turn:
- First, get an account. It’s free and non-invasive. Just choose a username and a password, that’s it.
- When you’re logged in, every page has a "subscribe" link
in the top left corner, which will add that page to your "inbox." You can subscribe to both people and tags.
- Prowl others’ inboxes (here’s mine: del.icio.us/inbox/bren) and liberally populate your own inbox with prolific bookmarkers who share your interests.
- Get serious about tags by subscribing to various tags of interest. The language is easy: del.icio.us/tag/your-tag-here.
- Combine tags with a ‘+’ to dial in just what you’re looking for. Hiking in Oregon? Combine the ‘oregon’ and ‘hiking’ tags like this: http://del.icio.us/tag/oregon+hiking and you’ll get all the links that have been tagged with both ‘oregon’ and ‘hiking.’
- Regardless of whether you’re logged in, there’s an RSS link in the bottom left corner of every page (even those combined tag pages) for consumption by your RSS reader of choice.