Meetings. They’re a fact of life. You’d be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t attend at least one meeting a week. And most spend a good deal of their time in meetings. Using a conservative estimate of 10 hours of meetings per week, you will spend over 15,000 hours of your professional life in meetings! Ugh. That’s too much time to waste.
Have you ever watched how some people respond when you announce it’s time for a meeting? Rolling eyes and frowning faces are all too common. Or comments such as, ‘But I have real work to do!’
It doesn’t have to be that way. Some up front planning can make your next meeting a big success. It’s simple. Determine an objective for the meeting. Create an agenda. Invite the right people. Share the agenda in advance of the meeting. Start your meeting on time and end the meeting on time. Piece of cake – right?
Consider the last meeting you attended that was run by someone else. How many of these pitfalls were evident?
- Did not start on time
- Missing key people
- Lacked a clear purpose
- No agenda
- Few people engaged
- Discussion wandered, repeatedly
- Key issues were not addressed
- No decisions made
- No follow-up actions
- The meeting was not worth the time
Now that’s bad meeting culture for sure. But how do you transform a bad meeting culture in your company? For starters, you can pick up a copy of the new book The Secrets to Masterful Meetings: Ignite a Meetings Revolution! by Michael Wilkinson.
In this book you’ll get a step-by-step guide for igniting a meetings revolution in your company. And you’ll end up with a good result — a complete culture change where bad meetings become unacceptable. Yes, you can permanently transform the meeting culture in your company by following the steps in this book. Here’s what you get.
- 10 Meeting Rights to empower every participant.
- 10 steps to transform your meeting culture.
- 15 meeting problems and how to address them.
- 4 strategies for eliminating unneeded meetings.
- 6 tips for getting meetings started on time.
- 3 robust tools for resolving disagreements.
- 4 techniques for rescuing poorly run meetings.
- 14 strategies for maximizing virtual meetings.
- 6 agendas to use to gain the results you want.
- 4 checklists for executing Masterful Meetings.
If you’re sick and tired of wasting thousands of hours in useless meetings, just head on over and pick up your copy of The Secrets to Masterful Meetings: Ignite a Meetings Revolution! today.
It’s been a while since I’ve found such a great book for transforming the meeting culture in your organization. This book should be required reading for every single employee.