Yesterday in Retail Strategies, we continued an idea originated by fellow blogger Glenn Ross, who writes the Customer Service Experience blog at www.allbusiness.com. His concept is that business owners would be wise to write blogs to benefit their customers.
Picking up on that bright idea, yesterday in this space we offered five suggestions of topics apparel retailers might consider. Today, we plug in five blogging topic suggestions for electronics retailers.
Five Blogging Suggestions for Electronics Retailers:
1. Games and Toys. Explain to parents the basics of electronic games: appropriate age, level of difficulty, object and, perhaps, a personal opinion.
2. TVs. Educate consumers about tube TVs vs. projection TVs vs. flat panel TVs.
3. Accessories. What’s available? Batteries, chargers. Cases and bags. Cleaning and repair kits. Many consumers don’t have a clue.
4. DVDs. These players are getting so sophisticated, most consumers could use some guidance to help them make buying decisions.
5. Home Theaters. What does this involve? How expensive is it? How much room do you need? Pros and cons.
Tomorrow in Retail Strategies, we’ll post blogging topic suggestions for furniture stores.