I know you’ve heard this before but here it is again: Content is King. If you’re selling physical products on the web as your home-based business, how can you best leverage content? Most people think of product descriptions when they think of content in this context. Product descriptions are certainly important, but what about articles? When I look at most product-based web sites on the web, all I usually see are featured products and product categories. I might see some sales copy, but what I seldom see is an Articles Directory.
It seems to be a seldom used technique in product based sites, but articles can really enhance a product-based website by adding valuable content. There is always something to write about with respect to physical products. Here are a few ideas:
- Product Reviews – You can write your own product reviews.
- Product Comparisons – You can compare two or more similar products.
- Product Features – You can expand on one or more of the features of the product.
- Product Benefits – You can write about the benefits the product will provides to the reader if they buy it.
- Product Usage – You can expand on product usage guidelines and ways the product can be used.
- Industry News – You can cite and discuss any news about the product or product category.
- Photo / Video Gallery – You can provide original photos or even video clips about the product or product category.
Information marketers and consultants have long used informative article directories on their sites as a way to add value for their site visitors. The same technique can be applied to product-based websites. This can give your site vistors something they can’t find elsewhere and can therefore help provide that added edge over your competition. And an additional bonus is that search engines such as Google seem to favor the content that unique topical articles provide.