Are you among the thousands of professionals who have a newsletter that doesn´t get results? … Do you struggle to get your newsletter out to clients and prospects on time
Yes? Then maybe you are guilty of committing one or more of the following deadly newsletter sins:
- You spend hours surfing the "Net, researching for an article, getting "screen sucked´ without any apparent value
- You format it yourself using your Outlook email program
- You try to send it out yourself from your email program
- You get business cards of people you meet at events and add them to your subscriber list
- You manually add and delete email addresses from your list that you keep in Outlook
- You manually send people a welcome message, thanking them for signing up for your ezine
- You miss your monthly or weekly ezine deadline and send it out ‘whenever you can’
- You only send it out whenever you have a new product or service to announce
- Your ezine content consists of sales copy, with a clear call to action: buy your product
- Your ezine is purely information-based, with interesting articles, but with no reference to your products or services, and no call to action.
Okay, I´m exaggerating here, I´m sure you are more sophisticated than that! But it´s true: email newsletter marketing has gotten more complex in the last few years.
The good news is that there are systems and programs that are user-friendly that can help you understand and simplify your newsletter tasks. Newsletters don´t have to be that difficult or time-consuming, but you do have to learn how to do them correctly or you´ll end up in newsletter hell.
Here´s the formula for how ezines work:
1. Send an ezine out = get more readers
2. Let them know who you are, and how much you know = credibility and trust
3. Tell them about your services and products = increased sales
4. Send them more information = let them buy more or hire you = MORE MONEY!
5. Repeat = build your list, attract more, sell more, profit more
=> Action Steps: Learn how to simplify your newsletter tasks. Sign up for our free e-course 7 Secrets of Successful Ezines.
=> Better yet, get the All-in-One Ezine Publishing System and learn everything you need to know to create, publish, distribute and grow your ezine list.