Okay here are a few more tips for you insurance agents and brokers.
If you think that the phone is automatically going to start ringing simply because you’ve hung out a shingle saying ”insurance services” think again. There are millions of insurance agents out there looking to go after the same prospects as you. And while most agents offer basically the same type of insurance, not all of them are the same. Some specialize in commercial or small to large business accounts while others focus solely on consumer accounts. But that doesn’t mean that all are created equal. Since I work with a lot of agents and brokers, I thought I would offer more tips to distinguish you from the competition.
- X-dating isn’t just about calling a prospect once and forgetting about it. It’s about continuous follow up. One mistake a lot of agents make is to file a prospect away for years and only to try to revive them thru telemarketing. Want to keep your cold calling campaign effective? Work the leads often and continuously. This will set you apart from your competitors.
- And speaking of following up. Send literature on a regular basis. Prospects are visual so once you’ve determined that they are worth pursuing, drop a brochure to them in the mail. Not only will they appreciate it. They’ll remember you. More than likely they have a file of other brokers who’ve contacted them. Here’s a tip. The file contains the firms that they will contact when they’re ready. If you’re not in that file chances are they won’t call you.
- And while you’re sending literature, be sure to follow up on that literature. You get 0 points for sending a brochure to the wrong person.
- Every appointment is important. Treat them as such. Now this sounds like a no-brainer but trust me, I get a lot of agents who blow off appointments because they are too busy or the lead isn’t big enough. A small account today could be a big account tomorrow.
- And while I generally don’t endorse insurance agents or any particular company for that matter I have had the opportunity recently to work with one such firm that stands above the rest.
King Insurance & Financial has served business customers since 1963. They
are ranked as one of the Farmers Insurance Group’s top Agencies (top 1
% nationally out of 15,000 agencies). Their commercial operation is
ranked in the top 10 nationally out of these same 15,000 agencies, offering General Liability, Commercial Property, Commercial Vehicles,
Workers Compensation, and a full line of Group Benefits (including
Health, Pensions/401k plans).
They also have an overall customer satisfaction rating which is at an industry high with
over a 95% customer persistency ratio.
In addition to providing a full line of commercial products and services
they also offer substantial package discounts to customers who combine or
package their personal lines of insurance with commercial. (Personal
lines of insurance include Home, Landlord, Rental, Auto, Health, and
Life Insurance). For more information contact Matthew Schaffer -King Insurance & Financial email@example.com (831) 688-1434.
And while King Insurance may offer services akin to other agents, the difference is in how their current and new customers are treated. Gathering information(x-dating) is vitally important, but how you turn information into sales is equally as important.