This week take a quick course in how to research to make the most of your business trip. It will take 30 seconds of your time today, Wednesday and Friday but could mean thousands for your profits.
I have dealt with where to get information in past postings. Here is what to research:
FOR THE BUSINESS PART OF THE TRIP
– How to negotiate business deals in the country you are heading to
– How to make connections there
– Presenting yourself in meetings
– Learning some of the language
– Business culture in that country
POST-BUSINESS (which may be just as important)
– Typical mealtimes; know when to invite
– Best venues for business entertaining
– Accepting and declining invitations
It´s a minefield isn´t it, however these are very important and a bit of research will make a huge difference.
Next posting: signals, gift giving and gender rules