My partner and I are continually investing in professional development. Quite frankly, it’s probably much more than 10 or 20 percent of our gross revenues.
But there’s always a decision to be made: what’s the best conference or teleseminar or info product to buy? How do you choose the ones that will provide the best results for your business?
Recently, we made a decision NOT to attend a high profile conference because the return on our investment in time and money to attend just wasn’t there. Though it would be fun to hang out with our colleagues, that just doesn’t justify the expense.
Here are some tips to help you decide where to spend your professional development dollars for maximum ROI…
Do your research:
1. What kind of reputation does the expert have? Do a Google search on their name. Can you find them online? Do they appear to be credible?
2. Is the subject appropriate for your business?
3. What do others say in testimonials about the program and results achieved?
4. What kind of study materials are offered? Audio, video, transcripts? Make sure your learning style is addressed.
5. Can you access the content after the program if you can’t make the live class?
6. Are there learning guides and other teaching aids to help you learn?
7. Will the program have long term benefits for your business?
8. Does the trainer or company offer email support and respond to questions?
We have delivered a lot of teleseminars, so when we invest money in teleseminars, conferences, products and mentoring, we expect a high return on our investment and impeccable service, and you should