By Jeremy Gislason
How creative are you when it comes to making money and increasing your customers by using eBooks or other digital products? If you are like most business owners, the answer is probably “not very.” Here are some ways to increase your profits by marketing content you already have.
1. Show your prospects a sample page out of your ebook. This will make them curious to buy.
2. Divide your ebook content into individual reports and give people the option of just purchasing the information they want. Or charge people a discounted price to read half of your ebook. If they like it, they can pay full price to read the other half.
3. Sell monthly updates of your ebook and earn extra profits. You could also back-sell the extra, never released chapters of your ebook.
4. Redesign your ebook for specific niches. By doing so, you can create multiple profits with very little work. For example, turn a business ebook into a craft business ebook. You could also divide your ebook into online newsletter issues and charge a reoccurring monthly subscription for people to view each issue. Read more Promotional Ideas for Your Small Business.
5. Give your prospects discount coupons on other products — either your own or your business partners’ — when they purchase your ebook. You could also offer freebies that are related to the ebook you are selling, like free monthly ebook updates, a free ezine, free consulting, and so on.
6. Offer the reprint rights to your ebook, either as part of the regular purchase price or as a separate higher fee.
7. Make your ebook available for offline customers. You could turn it into a print book, report, video, audio book, print newsletter, and so on.
8. Create a larger package. Many people agree that one of the best ways to increase your profits and sales is to bundle many products or services together. You could purchase reprint rights to other people’s ebooks and combine them with your own in a large package deal or private ebook library Web site. This gives people more reasons to buy your products and services. People also have come to believe that package deals are a better value. But be careful that all the products or services are closely related. For example, if you are selling a computer, you could add in software, hardware, computer furniture, and so on.
There are many ways to go about choosing the right products or services to bundle into one package. You could survey your customers and see what products or services they would like you to offer in the future. Spying on your competition to see what products and services they are offering or not offering can also be helpful. Learn about Using Promotional Products to Market Your Small Business.
Another benefit of bundling is that it can increase your target market, which in return gives you a larger audience for your products and services. For example, if you are selling a baseball magazine, you could add a free baseball when someone buys a subscription. Some people buy a package deal just to get one of the products.
There are many sources that provide products and services you can bundle to create a package deal. You can buy them from wholesalers or drop shippers, or consider negotiating for reproduction/resell rights to other people’s products. You might even want to team-up with your competition to create a package deal, either as a joint venture or cross promotion. Or simply create your own new products and services. Be creative.
Jeremy Gislason is the Webmaster of SureFireWealth.com and several other sites. He has over 15 years of business and marketing experience. You can find lots of great free ebooks and software at SureFireWealth.com.