Next week is crazy. First, on Monday Facebook expert Mari
Smith is interviewing us about how we’re using Facebook as a marketing
tool. This is not a public event, but a link to the audio will be
available at some point through Mari’s Facebook Fortunes program.
On Wednesday, we join Leesa Barnes, conference organizer extraordinaire, for a conversation about 7 Social Media Tools. This is a free event and precedes the Social Media Telesummit
that opens on February 20. The 9 day extravaganza features two dozen
experts (yes, that includes The Blog Squad!) helping you understand and
use the myriad social media tools available to businesses.
Back to our conversation with Leesa. We’re going to spend 30 minutes talking about how these tools can be used in business:
1. Microblogging – Twitter, Pownce & Jaiku
2. Blogging – Blogger, WordPress, Typepad
3. Podcasting – live using BlogTalkRadio or Talkshoe, recorded using Podango or WordPress
4. Social networking – Ryze, LinkedIn, MySpace, Facebook
5. Social bookmarking – StumpleUpon, Digg, del.icio.us
6. Photo sharing – Flickr, Bubbleshare
7. Video sharing – Blip.tv, YouTube, Revver
The call is free, but you do have to register. The conversation is at 8:00 pm Eastern Time (5 p.m. Pacific) on Wednesday, January 30.
I’ll let you know what’s coming up Thursday in a future post…