…and What You Can do About It
9 out of 10 professionals and small business owners have at least one book or information product inside their head, but lack the time and organizational skills to get it out into digital or print form.
You may cringe when you read this list of ten things that are keeping you from writing your book, because it rings too close to home for you. You may have already written a book or an e-book, or have come close to starting it. It´s hard, we know it, and we´ve been there too. But go ahead and read this list, see if you can identify, and let´s discuss a possible solution to the book writing problem.
1. I can´t seem to find the time.
2. Every time I sit down to write, I go blank.
3. I need an uninterrupted time period to immerse myself.
4. I need clarity on my message, but there´s no one to consult with.
5. I don´t know where to start or how to organize all the chapters.
6. I´m afraid of losing clients and having my business suffer if I take time away from it to write my book.
7. I agonize over the writing, the grammar, the sentence structure and punctuation.
8. I know what I have to say, just can´t put it into written form without losing clarity and impact.
9. I keep thinking about all the time involved in writing the book, and wonder if it will ever bring me the results I want.
10. Once I get it written, I have no idea how to get it formatted, let alone marketed.
Ok, you know why you haven’t started writing your book. Do you know why you need to write a book?
That’s for tomorrow…
In the meantime, you can check out the Blog to Book Project.